FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Concierge Benefit
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:35 pm
trustno1

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Originally Posted by ASHFlyer
AerClub is better than BA, hence why I'm AerClub and not BA.

The point that I'm making is that I often go to the airport and get asked to pay extra if my bag is slightly overweight, have to pay to select my seat when on Saver tickets and so on. EI is a low fare airline - this won't change because you happen to have a black tag on your bag nor do I expect it to. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is the free upgrades.

Just my opinion of course!

PS. I disagree that AerClub is "easier" to attain status - on BA you can travel with any OW airline, BA Business Short-Haul is often cheaper than Plus fares (especially from LCY) and the tier credits you get for Business long-haul on EI are 250 return vs BA 320 tier points return if flying through LHR from DUB.
Here’s a tip, ring the Concierge line and you will get free seat assignments on tickets. I did it this week on 17 tickets I booked in the sale. Secondly, if you are asked to pay excess baggage at Check-In on some extra kilos, instead of paying it at the check-in desk, ask can you pay it at the ticket desk. Once I’ve shown my Conc card there the fees were waived. This worked in Dublin as well as Frankfurt where the ticket desk staff was an agent. Check-in staff have very little discretion but the staff on the ticket desk have. It goes without saying, be polite at all times. Finally, while the 4 upgrade vouchers are great, there has been a number of occasions were all fare difference charges have been waived on ticket changes by the Aer Club staff on the phone. The money this has saved me over the last 12 months has paid for my on board cuppa many times over👍🏼.

Last edited by trustno1; Sep 7, 2018 at 2:42 pm