FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:28 pm
MaxFlyer

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xzh445
Yep. Yet ANOTHER reason not to merge accounts until at least one's PRIMARY account is correct. I have not called or emailed yet, but now that I have >25 SPG stays for the year, I will write and see if I can get Platinum assigned to my new SPG/Marriott account. I have zero points in the legacy Marriott acct, having transferred them last year. I have 105 life time nights in legacy Marriott, but am nowhere close to lifetime Plat. Won't leave them on the table, but is not a pressing item to merge accounts for. Any bookings that I do will be from the SPG/Marriott account. In fact, did a Residence Inn stay last week that already posted. If I can get the SPG/Marriott account to register Plat now, I'll be happy. Well… that, and get the smattering of bonus points that are still missing. If it weren't for the lifetime nights, I would not merge them at all. I wonder if there will be a point that they tell us "merge or lose"

Can you post here if/when you have any luck on that?. Providing status this year? (vs Jan 2019) How long it took. What hoops you have to jump through? Good luck!!!
Will do.