FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:40 pm
Passmethesickbag

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
We are all very cross and most inconvenienced - but the one thing that I have not read here is the least acrimony towards whoever hacked in and cuased this breach. That is to whom I am directing 70% of my ire, and the rest is to BA for allowing it. All the people that they put at the door when they outsourced must be laughing their socks off.
Personally, I have a certain reluctant admirations for the hackers, who have clearly found ba.com a lot more useful than I have.

If ba.com had not been such a car crash, and if BA hadn't had regular meltdowns caused by their IT infrastructure, I would have been much more willing to believe that they were innocent victims in this. But when the CEO went on the Today programme, and the climax of his exulpatory speech was that BA is very profitable, the conclusion I drew was that my worst suspicions about BA's negligence were probably justified.

I also blame BA 100% for not obeying GDPR law. They were required by law to disclose the full nature of the data breach in plain and simple language. Instead, they sent me an e-mail (six hours after Cruz's self-imposed deadline to notify those impacted) listing the two data fields that had not been hacked, leaving me to figure out all the other types of data that had been stolen. They also failed in their duty to name their data protection officer or other contact points, choosing instead to dump the problem in its entirety on their customers and their banks.