FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:36 am
firstlight

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
We are all very cross and most inconvenienced - but the one thing that I have not read here is the least acrimony towards whoever hacked in and cuased this breach. That is to whom I am directing 70% of my ire, and the rest is to BA for allowing it. All the people that they put at the door when they outsourced must be laughing their socks off.
I agree, the blame should be apportioned 70% to the criminals and 30% to BA for allowing it to happen. It's clear that BA authentication processes are lacking - given their criminal approach in getting people to send personal details over unencrypted email. Whatever the why's and wherefores of the hack itself this behaviour is 100% negligent and deserving of a major hairbrushing for causing a lady of your calibre any distress.

Given I now need to have continual access to my phone while roaming abroad in the next few days I shall be billing BA for my mobile phone fees.