FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed: Holland America cruise compensation for noisy cabin
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:17 am
bicker

Originally Posted by Randyk47
Indeed we cruise Silversea and it is more expensive than the mass market lines. We do it to get better food, better service, smaller less crowded ships, special itineraries and destinations, etc., so I clearly and easily understand the notion you pay more to get more. On the whole we’ve had great cruises with them with a few minor issues. I can honestly say they’ve been very responsive on board when we have had issues, it’s one of the aspects that keeps us coming back. At the same time I really don’t think that a post-cruise complaint is going to automatically and necessarily going to get more attention than any other cruise line. Maybe they will maybe they won’t.
And that's what I referred to as nonsense. While anything is possible in specific cases, we can say with great assurance that luxury lines address such concerns more effectively and more consistently successfully as compared to midgrade lines.

You aren't a sucker. You are paying more and getting more, on practically every account except safety (which probably doesn't vary from grade to grade).