FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More award availability restricted by married segments / connections
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:36 am
JPG3392

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Good plan. I would book the IB option now, then just keep an eye on availability over the next 10 months. If something better opens up, like the all AA MUC-CLT-DCA routing, you can call AA and switch for no fee (and get a refund of the IB surcharges). Booking this far out, I'd say it's highly likely that something better will pop up, especially as you're only looking for a single economy seat and have a little bit of flexibility in travel days.
Thanks. That's what I'll plan to do. AA also offers a MUC-DFW-DCA routing. It's not available at Saver rates now, but could become so in the coming months.

Update: I have now been ticketed for award travel MUC-MAD-BOS-DCA on IB/AA at the cost of 30k miles + $197.41. As suggested above, I'll continue to monitor saver award availability MUC-DCA, and may make changes to my routing in the coming months. Thanks again to all for the helpful comments and suggestions.

Last edited by JPG3392; Sep 13, 2018 at 8:28 am Reason: Added updated information.