FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed: Holland America cruise compensation for noisy cabin
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:43 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by bicker
When you start objecting to the idea that people paying more get more it is a clear sign that there's not much point discussing it with you further. Value for money paid is a very basic, and typically a non-controversial, concept.
That’s a straw man on your part, I said nothing of the sort. Indeed we cruise Silversea and it is more expensive than the mass market lines. We do it to get better food, better service, smaller less crowded ships, special itineraries and destinations, etc., so I clearly and easily understand the notion you pay more to get more. On the whole we’ve had great cruises with them with a few minor issues. I can honestly say they’ve been very responsive on board when we have had issues, it’s one of the aspects that keeps us coming back. At the same time I really don’t think that a post-cruise complaint is going to automatically and necessarily going to get more attention than any other cruise line. Maybe they will maybe they won’t.