FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to use AMEX points to travel USA to Vietnam?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:51 pm
Diplomatico

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by J Banker
Hi,

Trying to get my family of 4 to Vietnam in late December, business class. I can use MR for all 4 (which would be ideal), pay for 2 and use MR for 2, pay for 4 and upgrade w MR, wash dishes or airplanes... whatever. Any advice for where and how to search? ANA shows only waitlist for the flights. I have about 500k MR to use. Thanks in advance!!!
AwardHacker will help you identify which airlines fly from NYC to SGN and for how many MR points. You'll then need to find award availability with the specific airline of your choosing.

I fly ANA somewhat frequently and my experience has been that business class availability doesn't show up until about 3 weeks prior to the intended travel date(s). In addition, the Dec/Jan holiday period is one of the busiest travel times of the year, so finding those award tickets in business class may be challenging. Good luck.