FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:48 pm
evergrn

Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity

We're arriving really late (close to midnight) this fall and so we're looking to stay at the airport rather than head into town.

I've booked Regal since it's supposed to be connected to the terminal and hence does not require train/car/bus. However, I've never stayed there before, am not sure how long of a walk it is from the terminal, and not confident as to the level of accommodation and breakfast there.

Since then, Marriott Skycity has come down in price, and the rates are now almost even. I've stayed there before (although it was a while back) and there's the comfort factor with the Marriott brand, so I'd rather stay at Marriott if all else were equal. I can't remember how we went there last time, but I know that their airport shuttle only comes every 20 minutes and I really don't want to bother with waiting for taxis and paying suitcase fees for such a short ride and so forth. We've got two kids, and I know we're going to be really tired.

How much of a drop-off in quality should we expect with Regal Airport as compared to Marriott Skycity? I'm interested in room quality/cleanliness and breakfast.
And is Regal a very short easy walk from the arrival hall?