FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA PlusPoints / Upgrades for sale on ebay ...(Warning these are not sanctioned by UA)
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:32 pm
narvik

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by gmt4
No matter what the program is, there is someone out there trying to find a way to scam it. Its just ingrained in some people's DNA to make a buck anyway they can.
No kidding. just checked eBay to see for myself.
Someone who refers to themselves as a 1K is selling RPUs for USD169.
I have 20 of those currently, all of which are likely to expire before use...let me see....20 x $169 = $3380....where's that SELLING button on eBay?

lol, just kidding & totally ridiculous

Originally Posted by eng3
After further explanation, I got him through the stages to acceptance. It is easy to forget that FT is a tiny segment of the FF population. Most FF's don't know all their benefits or the best way to use them. You almost need a PhD to understand UA's upgrade process. I've been on this site for 10yrs and I still get confused sometimes.
Good for you that you were able to convince them that this isn't allowed.

Originally Posted by eng3
It is easy to forget that FT is a tiny segment of the FF population. Most FF's don't know all their benefits or the best way to use them. You almost need a PhD to understand UA's upgrade process. I've been on this site for 10yrs and I still get confused sometimes.
As far as selling RPU/GPU is concerned; that is DEFINITELY not straight-forward, and anyone who sells them on eBay surely must pretty much know this. There's some intricate steps that need to be adhered to for this to even work.
I hope most buyers and most sellers ARE United employees!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 6, 2018 at 2:39 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member