FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades/Access to Polaris Global First since UA Ended Polaris Global First Sales
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:25 pm
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Benebene
Thank you to StuckinITH and Wine CountryUA -- I followed your advice and checked in online.
Wow, it was gratuitously uncertain to wait until boarding time to get the news on the assignment. I did get moved to the 1st cabin which was nice.

It's too bad they can't make this process more smooth as these butterflies in the stomach for frequent travelers wanting upgrades is such a bad thing. Won't this [cabin seat configuration] upgrade process to the new Polaris configuration take a long time? It's many months to erode goodwill although I am a satisfied UA traveller.

BTW, I just noticed on the united.com portal that the GPU upgrade request I made on this flight, the GPU was re-credited back to my account. I guess it was the way to "flag" the request for the upgrade, but since it is just the seat/cabin that was upgraded and not the service (the service was all same as Polaris Business) it didn't merit the GPU.
That's good news. I have to say that I was worried for you as I never saw such a long list to move to the front of the plane (meaning the old First Class) but I also don't fly out of SFO.

That's the first time that I hear about redepositing the GPUs in that case. I'm sure it will be useful information for others. Unfortunately, not for me, as I can never buy a ticket above the P fare.

The butterflies are even worse when passengers are waitlisted for the upgrade to Business and the waitlist only clears when they are already seated in their Economy + seat. Happened to me....... Or even worse, never clears. Happened to me too.