FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight attendant threatened to ‘spank’ me
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:37 am
Check

Originally Posted by AA_ORDlady
First of all--OP felt embarrassed by the exchange.
I think the FA was attempting to be light-hearted. But her choice of words was poor, and a more appropriate way to jokingly admonish would be to say you would be reprimanded (or put on time-out). Was she flirting--who knows.

But--using the 'spanking' verbiage has the potential to be interpreted as sexual. That's why it is inappropriate for a business/customer situation.
I have sons the age of OP and I totally understand why he felt awkward.
The seat mate saying that 'she's your momma tonight"--that is outright piggish. And any of my 5 sons would agree with that. Not appropriate public comment amongst strangers and not particularly funny.
The female seat mate speaking up was a little excessive. But don't say piggish things in public if you don't want to get called out on it.
Go ahead and flame me. Lol.
No flames here, all that seems right on target to me. I would also add that the first interaction was a little inappropriate but the second interaction was well over the line.

I can tell from some of the comments that the "lecherous old weirdo" demographic I see a lot of in the front of the bus is well represented here. Just stop it, dudes. It's gross and my desire to not have to listen to your schtick is not "political correctness."