FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Room Credits
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:32 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by escape4
I think for 99.9% of cases yes spending the night is exactly what happens. But sometimes there are unusual situations that pop up, and if in your experience they can be intolerant at times, then one more reason to contact them ahead of time and ask. I don't think the intent is taunting, but rather doing something the guest considers reasonable but wanting to make sure it's reasonable in Marriott's mind as well.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I am totally against properties doing bed checks at 2am! The spirit of the program is that the member will be spending the night (yes, a flawed concept) and that is why they generally don't allow you to check in to multiple properties for the same night and you have to fight when it might be legitimate (eg international trips crossing the date line is a fight since the computer doesn't handle it). Hence why the OP is going to Hilton for his own room. There are some big holes in the program, and that includes their ability to cancel an account at their whim. I once tangled with an onry CSR (not SPG) that repeatedly reversed any corrections to her mistake. I got an agent that knew it was wrong and ended up gifting me the award without any reference to the error. You never know when one will set their sites on your account. Taunting them on forums like FT is not wise.
You cut my quote off short that says, yes, there are exceptions. But calling MR and saying "Hey I know someone that wants to stay at one of your properties but they are not a member and I won't be staying but want credit for their stay" is not going to be greeted with acceptance. I may be wrong, but I would be surprised if MR said yes to that.