FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Room Credits
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:45 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by RafKa
Just venting on one of the (many) "enhancements" Marriott brought:

I usually travel for work with 1-2 colleagues who usually don't care about points/status, but are quite happy to benefit from any perks due to my own status (breakfast, upgrades, lounge access). Whereas with SPG I would generally book 2-3 rooms under my name, get the points/stay credits and that's the end of it, Marriott abolishing this practice is changing my behaviour, at least for the next upcoming trip:

6x1 nights at different locations in the US. Mostly urban airport properties, under $200/night. I'm booking for each night adjacent Starriot and Hilton properties. I'll check in at Starriott, hand the keys to my colleague and then proceed to Hilton, where I currently have a Diamond Stauts Challenge going (8 stays in 3 months). Plus the 2.5k Miles & More promo for each stay. Laborious? Yes? But for an extra 20k pts and no extra EQNs, I didn't see the point in giving Marriott those measly $1,200 in revenue.

This may be a fringe case, but it's lost business for Marriott nonetheless. And there's always the risk I switch over to Hilton for a good chunk of my stays.
This isn't even close to being on the right side of the T&Cs that say you must stay & pay, checking in is not a stay (although those gaming the system will say it is). Paying for co-workers might be arguable, so it's closer to the line, but not unless you are staying at the property.

AND, posting this activity on an open forum where you know the program is actively participating is not wise. MR has a reputation for dropping the hammer on members when they feel you haven't been playing fair. And guess what, that is fully in their rights to FIRE a customer.