FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF WP's off to LHR - conundrum and questions
Old Jul 16, 2004, 8:24 pm
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Talking Go you good thing QF

Thanks to NM and Dave Noble for their sage advice regarding forgetting about using my points/SC's to upgrade BNE/SIN on Tuesday (when it already appears that we have J seats because of aircraft config of 747 rather than usual 767 and having arranged seating in Rows 27).

I was just checking my QFF account to see tht my flights BNE/SYD/MEL/BNE had posted (flown Thursday/Friday) and I saw a big loss of points. Now, my first thought was "Gee, I hope when I rang QF the other night to cancel the waitlist for BNE/SIN, it was done; I hope the U seats to SIN hadn't gone through before I rang"...

With a deal of trepidation, I opened up my booking for Tuesdays trip and breathed out again when I saw the BNE/SIN was still showing M class and the U waitlist had disappeared.

The next line, however, made my heart soar and I did a little jig around the office before I settled down to ring Mrs QF WP. Seems that QF, in their wisdom, have given us U seats SIN/LHR on QF9. ^ ^ ^ What a great use of 140K points...they are all yours, QF !!

Made it all the more worthwhile that I am at work all day today to clear the desk. Now, back to it...