FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] Claiming EU261 Compensation from AC
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:15 pm
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Stanbury
Background -- Ms SWMBO Stanbury was on AC 825 AMS-YYZ on Sept 3 -- delayed by 5 hours due to an "electrical fault". She intends to make an EC261 claim. The FA's distributed white forms which, when completed and submitted on-line, will apparently result in one of the famous codes for a reduction on a future flight. Question -- am I right in supposing that it is better NOT to submit that form, at least at this stage, since AC may then take the position that accepting that offer would negate or replace the EC261 claim?
I would say yes. I’d submit a claim for €600 and mention you didn’t use the white form.

AC moving from completing igniting their responsibility to advice people of their rights to trying to find a loophole to get away with a 10% off code base fare only?

Unless you are one of the few who can use one of these vouchers on longer haul J and don’t need the AQD the fact is for the vast majority of especially FOTSG Y flyers they are useless.