FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CC strategy to maximize miles/points
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:29 pm
Explore SE Asia

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
If you product change your Chase Sapphire Reserve to a freedom card, you will no longer have a no transaction fee card. The product change is fine if one of your new cards has no foreign transaction fees.

The Nordstrom card has no annual fee. There is no reason to close the account. In fact, there are reasons not to close it. The Nordstrom card adds to your credit age. It is not the time to close one of your older cards when you are about to open a lot of credit cards.

Originally Posted by Green_eyes
BofA points for the purchase of several J tickets - each cost about 320K points. No transfer to miles.

Thank you for the link to the thread. Yes, I need to generate as many points as I can at the moment.
As you switch to earning cash bonus on your cards, do not disregard Chase's ultimate rewards. You can use your points at the travel portal at a 1.5 rate (80,000 points -> $1,200).

Originally Posted by robchow
Yes. I would close the Plus and apply for the Cash for the sign up bonus.
Getting the Chase ink Preferred sign up bonus is great. However, I would product change your existing business card to a no fee Chase Ink business card (Chase Ink Cash or Chase Ink Unlimited).

Last edited by EmailKid; Sep 5, 2018 at 5:08 pm