FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cow Do XIV (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2018
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:15 am
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Post Uncle Sam and Malbec - a long standing love affair

I always tell my Wine Clients to declare 100% - each and every bottle you have, because 99% of the time the CBP agents dont want to spend the time to do the math and the paperwork. Actually, I even offer a 100% money back guarantee, which covers 100% of the Duty that you may be charged IF you find a CBP agent that is willing to ring you up and charge you. Ive been ITB for almost 15 years now, and in only 2 (two) occasions in all these years have I been called upon a client to issue a refund. In both cases, the average duty was less than $1.50 per bottle.

I have regular clients that are Bankers and Consultants and come down to EZE very often, and these guys have serious Argentine Wine habits. A couple of these always max out their baggage allowance and take back 3 (three) cases. One time one of these guys took back 5 (five) cases, or 60 bottles. He declared everything, was sent to secondary and after a 60 second Q&A session he was waved away..... the CBP agent wanted to make sure the guy wasnt going to resell the stuff - once my client explained he was an Attorney (and produced a business card when asked), he was promptly booted away from Customs and sent on his way..... ^

Uncle Sam loves Malbec !!!!!