FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EY Charging for most Y seat allocations from 15th July!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:27 am
eddibabyyeah

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by tommy123
On my recent outbound from LHR -BKK I was offered 44A in Y on the A380 to AUH , 24 hours before departure I moved myself to 80A at the rear thinking the flight was empty , because the seat map showed so , big mistake , the flight was full ( so it shows no-one is paying extra to book a seat ). On checking my boarding pass for the connecting flight to BKK , I noticed my sequence number was 33 ( that's the amount of people checked in before me ) , strange , empty flight. I was assigned 23A . On boarding I had 2 people sat next to me ( the front of Y was full ) , I asked to move to the rear ( indeed empty ) and was given 4 seats in the middle ....So my thinking is this , while Etihad tried to assign me to my favourite seat ( window ) at the front of the plane , why didn't they take into consideration the BKK flight being empty , and move me further back on check-in.....Just to add , I had very mixed feelings about both flights ....LHR-AUH , no welcoming , no status on board ( being gold for 9 years ) in fact , no nothing .....AUH-BKK , welcomed on board , pre take off soft drink offered , moved to 4 seats , business quilt , early food ( which was very good ) and fast track on arrival in BKK. ....It was like flying two different airlines .......just to finish , the LHR lounge is not closing this month , as speculated by others
I haven't been welcomed on board flying Y for about 7 years. I have never been given a J blanket or offered anything to drink. I am currently GOLD and have been silver or gold for the last ten years. Certainly very inconsistent.