FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club World: How do they get away with it?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:22 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Globaliser
That's a fabulous way of treating your best customers worst. It can only be seriously said with all the smugness of someone whose travel needs extend no further than holidays planned and booked months in advance.
This particular someone happens to fly 125,000+ miles a year back and forth across the Atlantic, nearly all of it business related and none of it on BA. I also fly BA a number of each times a year, within Europe only. They invariably treat me in a way that makes me wish I hadn't, though the lure of intra-Europe nonstop flights makes me come back to be abused again and again. Far from smug, I seriously lament that the "world's favourite airline" is so far from being that that I simply cannot fly it longhaul. The differences in booking, price and service compared with US, Canadian and Australasian airlines are too great. Just don't accuse me of being a once-a-year holidaymaker.