FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:11 am
mingzie

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Yes, sadly Hilton were stuck with the tiny "Archer View" vertical slit windows when they did the re-model, and Council would not allow them to be made larger and alter the exterior facade. Even the lounge has them, and they are tiny compared to how they would be done today on a new build.

Got to see someone else has actually stayed at the high floor balcony Suites at Sheraton On The Park. Nothing at Sydney Hilton can come close of course, as they are surrounded by high rise there. That is a self evident fact, and anyone who can't fathom that, really should not be making absurd sweeping comments if they have not stayed there.
I stayed in an executive suite using an SNA. If you're saying why don't you stay in a terrace suite which is rare, how about compare that to a Master King Suite. Yes, Hilton surrounded by high rise, because you know. Its in the centre of the CBD??

​​​​​View is only a single factor of a hotel stay, and its very subjective. I live in Sydney, and personally do not care about a view of the park. In fact the only thing the SOTP people can keep blabbing on about is view this, view that.

Not everyone values a view as the number one priority. I mean even when talking about a pool its all about the view again and not the pool itself. Like geez, there is more to a hotel than a view. The views at Hilton aren't even bad when you're facing Pitt St. There is a huge window next to the Spa Bath overlooking the city, which is quite beautiful subjectively. For me, and as a Sydney sider, looking at some grass doesn't do it for me.

People really getting worked up over someone else's opinion, lol.

personally, this hotel has some of the best spa bath models worldwide. And I've did all the Vegas trips etc. All the jacuzzis there are tiny and depressing. Toilet unit and shower are 100x better at Hilton. Gotta love me them spabaths and bathrooms. Love the layout of the relaxation rooms and suites too, way "brighter" decor wise and beautiful looking than the bland suites at SOTP

m0hamed is a hard to please guest.. He received a relaxation suite upgrade on his very first stay despite 100+ diamonds per night and was not grateful about it at all. Also says there is no natural light but his photos are full of natural light..

even complained about the lounge despite there being king prawns on the night he went. Sheesh...

​​​​​
​​

Last edited by mingzie; Sep 5, 2018 at 5:24 am