FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cow Do XIV (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2018
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:16 am
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I declared nothing at Global Entry because the question was anything over $800. I was stopped on my exit from baggage claim to ask the contents of the box. 6 bottles of wine, so he let me go. He didn't ask how many were in my rollaboard.

Drunk Cargo, you can also bring some oenophiles down if you find any of them!
You were lucky that you had a good CBP agent, here is a quick primer:

How much alcohol can I bring to the US? In the United States there are no limits to how much alcohol you can bring as long as it is intended for personal consumption and not resale. Many mistake the duty-free limit of 34 oz or 1 liter as the total limit. If you are over the duty-free limit, you simply have to declare the alcohol you are transporting on your customs form and pay the appropriate duty to the customs officer, typically around $1 to $2 for wine and beer, while the amount for spirits is slightly higher and varies by type, as of publication. From our experience however, more typically than not, you will be waived through without paying any duty due to the amount being so negligible.