FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:12 pm
makrom

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Its not clear if the new change fee and the booking fee are the same amount. Per award ticket or award segment.
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
These are the booking fees per sector, not the change fee. I think Qatar Airways is refering to the old change fee (pre "enhancements"), but of course as usually with Qatar Airways nobody knows for sure ...

Also there is no link to change award tickets on "manage my booking" page, and as Qatar Airways refuses to do the change on the phone, i guess the process of changing an award ticket will be painfully slow and complicated: write an email to QRPC requesting the change, and wait days or weeks for an answer, hoping that the availability for your new ticket hasn't vanished in the meantime ...
Yes you guys are right. Upon closer inspection it looks like the page I quoted this from just sums up the "enhancements" from May 27, with the added lines about the possibility of changing awards now.
It also says this: "Booking fee is not applicable for changes on award bookings on Qatar Airways and partner airlines."

So perhaps it's indeed just these change fees:
Burgundy/Silver: $25 (more than 24 hours prior to departure), $100 (between 3 hours and 24 hours to departure)
Gold/Platinum: $0

However, on another page, this potentially outdated information can be found:
"Change to an existing Award (Qatar Airways or partner airlines) ticket: A minimum of USD.10 per ticket or higher will apply, depending on the country where it is issued."
Whatever that means...