FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest auto cancelled my reservation 2 weeks out?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:46 am
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by matt21
Thanks for the replies.

To the sanctimonious types, spare me. I spend $60k a year with Southwest and fly 2-3x a week. Sometimes in order to avoid a 5x increase in fare price or to make sure I can get where I need to be should plans change, I book multiple routes which Southwest always ends up getting the revenue on at the end of the day.

For those who contributed info, I think what clearly triggered it was that I had 2 flights at approximately the same time, which is not the case when I've done this in the past. If that's the only thing that gets flagged, I understand the logic. What I don't understand is why cancel it 16 days out as opposed to shortly after I booked it (30 days out) or perhaps closer to the actual flight? 16 days seems like a random guess. I've done this on more expensive flights which I'd assume are more full and have never had a problem, even 24 hours out but clearly they weren't at the same times so that was the key variable.
WN could care less because it was the last of the US domestic carriers to add the anti-fraud provision to its COC. This means that while you can take your $60K in business elsewhere, it won't help you with the ticket fraud problem. So, chances are that you won't move your business.