FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Q&A] Flying Blue Platinum/C2000 Employee here / Ask your questions
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:02 am
Lurd

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by arjen05
HI Lurd, great initiative to join FT, it's a pleasure having you here. Just out of curiosity.. I assume some FB plats call for literally everything, from major issues where you can make a difference, to 'another stupid question'. Could you name a part of your work that energizes you to help us with, eg types of requests you get? And could you name types of calls in the category 'why do you bother us with this question'?
Thanks!
Thank you
We tend to remember people more than requests themselves. Of course, some things are harder to do than others, since we handle everything from start to finish, including Customer Care claims (which I personally hate with a burning passion, but we have some Platinum agents that started as CC agents that are more than willing to help if we have an issue), but overall, everything comes with experience.
There are some requests (ticket changes that need a manual calculation, Miles retroclaim when the website is not working...) where passengers don't have a choice but to call us. However, one type of call that I absolutely hate is when someone calls us the day before departure to demand a specific seat that is already taken because they've never bothered to select one... When every single seat (including A380 top deck) is free for Plat members from the second they buy the ticket. Some actually understand and say "Oh well, my fault, I'll do it earlier next time", but some get outraged that we refuse to move another passenger and demand a callback and an apology from a supervisor. Needless to say, they never receive any form of apology.