FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Q&A] Flying Blue Platinum/C2000 Employee here / Ask your questions
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:07 am
Lurd

Programs: Flying Blue
Question

Hi guys, thanks for your messages. I had a pretty busy week and I didn't really think about coming here, sorry about the delay

Originally Posted by Wunk
Is there a large differentiation made between C2000 and Platinum on a what can be done or not done? Or are C2000 basically on the same level as Platinum status without the qualification requirements?
Not really. C2000 might have a couple more commercial gestures, a personnalized greeting upon boarding and things like that, but the difference is not huge.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Welcome to the best forum on FlyerTalk Lurd .
Are you here as an official AFKLFB representative on FT or “on your own initiative”. There is no wrong answer, just for us to know.
Thank you.
I am here on my own free time, nobody knows I'm here (and I'd like to keep it that way)

Originally Posted by mfkne
How much leeway do the folks manning the Plat line have in terms of waiving fees, for instance for booking and changes of flights?
Honestly, there's only a very small amount of decisions that need to be approved by a supervisor, we have almost full autonomy in most cases. What we are willing to do, however, depends a lot on how the caller adresses us. A few things to know about this very topic :
  • Ask nicely, and we will more than gladly go the extra mile to help you. If you're arrogant and demanding, there is not a single agent that will make a gesture for you, not even waive the booking fees.
  • Do not repeat "Yes but I'm a Platinum" every 5 seconds when you don't get exactly what you want. We only handle Platinum/C2000/Ultimate passengers. This does not impress us.
  • Although we have thousands of people that call every month, we remember the bad ones. And we warn other agents about them.
  • Be nice, polite and understanding even when you're upset. When your flight is cancelled, it's not our fault. When your bag is delayed, not our fault. Treat us like humans and we will become your best friends.