FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just Nailed United Premier 1K
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:47 am
therossinator

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Perks of flying on federal government fares? (based off the OPs comments in other threads, and well, being based in Guam)
Indeed. We have an archaic travel system that we are required to use and it prices out some ridiculous stuff. On non-contracted city pairs we have to fly unrestricted economy on US carriers (of which, United is the only one serving Guam) where available and meets mission requirements. On my OP you see Flight 201 S Class with 11,700 RDM? It's a contracted city pair rate that the government is obligated to purchase. That's 1300PQMs on an economy flight that I can't even use a GPU on.

Originally Posted by kale73
Surely on those long-haul flights from GUM you've had plenty of time to read all bazillion pages of United's Contract of Carriage as well as the MileagePlus Program Rules? No?
CoC Rule 5 (H) clearly states (I've emphasized the most applicable part for your convenience):
Moreover, the MileagePlus Program Rules include this little beauty:
If I were you, I'd call IMMEDIATELY to cancel one of those bookings. You can claim absentmindedness, temporary amnesia, whatever.
I mean I would just call it like it is, and say that I didn't know at time of booking. Calling it absentmindedness or amnesia would suggest that I knew what was right to begin with. It's easy enough to cancel the earlier flight and I appreciate you folks steering me in the right direction. I made the reservation yesterday and the flight isn't until January. Canceled.