FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:36 pm
scented

Major Security Problem at London's Savoy Hotel

I was alerted to this video the other day:

I am quite surprised (to say the least) that The Savoy in London has such tremendous security problems... this non-resident 'guest':

- was walking around the property for more than an hour
- forced the elevator shaft doors open
- climbed into the elevator shaft inside the Savoy and got on top of an elevator car (sic!)
- used a stolen (?) key to operate the elevator
- used service elevators without permission
- seemed to cause an elevator to get stuck
- sneaked into meeting rooms and MICE-related areas of the hotel
- walked around the hotel's hallways
- I could go on...

How is this possible? Under Fairmont management? And this ownership... certainly they should have noticed these individuals in one of their various CCTV systems or when they used a phone on property or just by the team / security doing their rounds.

Despite this awful behavior, I am inclined to believe that these individuals in question and on YouTube didn't want to harm any of the guests, but I don't even want to begin to wonder what damage they could have done if they had other plans.

What happened here should have never happened and knowing this I would never stay there ever again, even if it was my preferred London hotel.

As all of you are very well traveled and experienced here, I would like to hear your thoughts?