FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:04 pm
kennycrudup

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
"enhanced view" room?

there's been some documentation that a lot of these properties aren't even offering suites as part of their SNA pool
"Superior King, Larger Guest room, 1 King, Sofa bed." This is an AC Hotel in downtown Chicago (I have no prior experience with the property). It was one of the choices, IIRC, when I was given my options for the SNA, and I'm pretty sure I booked the best thing of what I'd been presented.

Here's the thing, though- so normally with MR, I ask at the FDC (or call prior, if it's a "family" event and I want some assurance) if there's any possible upgrades, they'll type around a little, and enough times to keep me happy "something" will come up (which begs the question as why LtPlat MR didn't get it in the first place, but that's another thread altogether). If anything, I'd get something like the room I'd been SNA'ed to above.

But this is my first experience with SNAs; if I ask at the FDC if there's anything else more available, will I: be told "too bad, we SNAed you", maybe get an upgrade and they keep the SNAs, or maybe give me an upgrade and return the SNAs as it's a different room than the one they were "attached"(?) to?