FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jakarta - Diponegoro {IDN}
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:08 am
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ItchyBackSide
May I know which room type you normally book? Perhaps my problem is because I can only book the Deluxe room due to corporate travel policy.

I am a Diamond and I never get a suite despite staying here quite regularly. They always told me they have limited availability for suites (which is technically true) and if I want I'd have to pay for it. It's not that I'm such a snowflake that I need a suite, but I'm naturally more loyal to hotels that show that they appreciate my business. Doubletree Jakarta doesn't seem to care that much.
I book the least expensive room. 75% of the time a points booking for 20k per night.

We have been coming to the hotel since it first opened. We certainly don’t demand a suite, but the staff have always been quite helpful. I’d guess we have stayed there 80-90 nights since they’ve opened.

When they first were taking bookings, you could book any rooms, even the Presidential Suite for the same price, so we had 3-4 bookings for that room. They don’t normally upgrade Diamonds into those. I think we have stayed in every type of suite, plus a standard room. Possibly the only one we haven’t tried is their family room.

The hotel is much busier now than it was in previous years. During Ramadan this year, we only had a suite for 4 out of 7 nights, as the suites were sold out for part of it.

We love the staff at the Open restaurant. I had some problems a couple of years ago with food quality at Ramadan. Once I got a real manager, and explained the problem in detail, it never happened again.

I can honestly say the Doubletree Jakarta is the best DT I’ve ever stayed at. Frankly, I’m pretty sad that we won’t go back for 9 months as we’re in the US until that time.