FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:22 am
asnovici

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Is there anything one can do to request WL to clear

My spouse and I have been waitlisted for month DME ATH for a flight that's in about 50 hours from now. There are two seats shown taken on the seatmap out of 12, C9 but I0 is showing in EF, and Upgrade Challenge email was received yesterday to bid 140 Euros per person. We decided not to bid, a day after the email the number of seats available remained the same so it doesn't look like anyone took the offer. However, our waitlist still hasn't been processed.

First, it clearly shows upgrade bids take precedence over coupons. Second, is there anything we can do to influence the WL clearing, like calling Gold line? Is there a possibility they just wont clear the waitlist and Business will go with empty seats and we would remain in coach in that scenario or do they always clear waitlist if there are open seats in business? Flying from DME im not sure there will be anybody at the airport who knows how to clear these coupons if it comes down to clearing before departure time.