FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:57 pm
vidrineb

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
Sofitel London Heathrow

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel London Heathrow

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard room, upgraded to deluxe room.

- How are the rooms? Rooms were quite standard, nothing spectacular. There was some damage to the lamp shades that could have been easily fixed but wasn't and it brought down the whole feel of luxury in the room.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good:
The hors d'oeuvresin the lounge were pretty good and they had a nice selection of beers in the evening.
I did really like the ESPA London toiletries.

Bad:
Service was pretty terrible.There was hardly any platinum recognition aside from the room upgrade and I was lied to at check-in.
I arrived at reception to a massive queue of people waiting to check in. I noticed the priority Le Club Accor member check-in desk to the side with no one attending it. I decided to chance my luck and walk up to the counter there to see if anyone would approach me. To my surprise someone immediately approached me and asked if I could be helped. I asked if I could check-in and I was pointed to the back of the queue for the main desk. I informed the staff member I was platinum and asked if the lounge was available to check me in. I was told there was no lounge in this hotel (a lie) and again pointed to the back of the queue before the staff member disappeared. So I waited patiently, once it was my turn I was thanked for my loyalty (surprisingly) but not offered any drinks voucher or welcome drink though I was given my one category room upgrade.
In the morning when I went to breakfast I was told that I didn't have breakfast included in my room rate (which was untrue, I always book a breakfast rate). I attended breakfast anyway, expecting to have to fight with the front desk at checkout but luckily they verified it was in the system and took the extra charge off.
When I checked out I voiced my concerns after I was asked how my stay was. The front desk staff profusely apologized and promised me that he would have guest relations contact me immediately. Not surprisingly I have not heard anything as of a week later, I was also never given my invoice that I asked for.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? Yes, after finding it myself.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? No welcome drink offered, no welcome amenity, absolutely nothing, not even a turn-down service.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I very much doubt I would stay here again.