FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:44 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Majuki
The options are decent, but they're not worth the price of admission.
Honestly, I find the yogurt parfait at the Starbucks coffeehouse in the lobby to be better than the yogurt offered at the buffet. The buffet isn't that great. No granola, no berries, no fresh-squeezed orange juice or smoothies, no Greek yogurt. Most days I stay at the hotel I eat somewhere else. In general, I find the hotel's in-house food and beverage its weakest part. Yes, there are third-party restaurant outlets in the hotel but why the hotel itself doesn't have a proper bar or a better poolside restaurant is beyond me.

Please report back with a data point. I hope you are successful at getting the fee waived. ^ If it's possible, try to find the quote from hockeyinsider where the hotel is obligated to provide alternative benefits if elite benefits are included as amenities that the resort fee provides.
I searched the new terms and conditions. They must have modified the terms after the version that leaked out was widely republished by the travel bloggers because that version had a specific provision requiring a property charging a resort fee for amenities and benefits that are otherwise complimentary to offer an alternative amenity or benefit. The provision is no longer in the terms.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Sep 2, 2018 at 12:12 pm