FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reality check on LAX traffic (and how to get to the cell phone parking lot)
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:58 pm
Polytonic

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by bzcat
chrisl137 nailed the problem... it's Uber and Lyft.
I do agree that rideshare is part of the problem, but I also think the signage and traffic flow could be improved significantly.

There are a ton of people coming off either the Sepulveda ramp or the returns ramp who often sit in the left lane until they realize "oh @#$%! I have to merge right or it sends me to T7!" and in a panic, stop their vehicles and merge right at the last minute. The same scenario, but in reverse for anyone coming off Century (and it doesn't help that one of the lanes is closed half the time due to random police presence). There are also people who repeatedly sit in the rightmost lanes who stop every few feet to double check if they're at the right terminal yet. I've had several Uber drivers sit in the left lane, merge all the right every terminal to read the signs, and then go all the way back to the left.

Having signs that say "United: Left Lane, American/Alaska: Middle Lane, Delta: Right Lane" and then putting up tall cones after the first or second stoplight might help, as the traffic usually isn't as bad once you pass TBIT. There's something about "Terminal 4: American" that just doesn't register with people.