FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island, Okinawa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:25 pm
gspurr

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Staying here right now on a three night stay. Two free nights and one cash and points. I don't really have time at the moment to write a lengthy review but I will give some impressions here and will try to answer any questions as they come up.

I arrived around midnight and rented a car at the airport as to get around Okinawa you really need a car and was cheaper than taking a taxi to and from the hotel. Parking is free in the lot or 500 yen a day for valet. I was upgraded to a lagoon view suite which is very nice and has both a view of the lagoon and a partial view of the ocean. The hotel in terms of decor reminds me of the Park Hyatts of Seoul and Tokyo (modern with lots of earth tones). The lighting control are also very east to use unlike many other Asian Hyatts. The room also has a large fridge and freezer and a small Miele oven/microwave.

The hotel seems to be catering to families a great deal. Most of the people here are Japanese (and some Chinese) families. I saw only one other non-Asian guest here so far besides myself. Breakfast and evening drinks/canapes are in the club lounge which is filled with families with small children (many, many babies). Although the children are well-behaved it was very, very busy last night at cocktail hour and during breakfasts. The food is very good and of high quality but a little limited. Breakfast has an egg station and the normal hot North American breakfast items but the only hot Asian items are rice and Miso soup.

The grounds are very nice but not all that large for a resort. The pool areas are a little small and could become very crowded if the hotel is at full capacity (I'm not sure what it is at the moment but it doesn't appear full). The beach areas are also quite small and could have been made a lot bigger. I'm a bit frustrated as I would love to swim further out in the ocean but the beach swim areas are roped off in almost a kiddie-pool like manner. You can rent paddle boards and kayaks to go beyond this area but you aren't allowed to swim or snorkel beyond. The sea is super calm at the moment and it would be nice to do more than wade up to my waist.

I asked if there were any Globalist benefits beyond the standard ones (ie. food or spa discounts) and they don't appear to offer any.

That's all I have time for at the moment but please ask me any other questions if you have any.