FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LIMITED ACCESS] The Official Fare Bucket Check Request Thread
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:16 pm
capedreamer

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What about for finding flights with N space? I had to do a ton of searching to find Europe-NA in N space, because the entire weekend I wanted to fly, most flights were N0.
More often than not, I have very little flexibility over specific routings / dates I can pick. Pretty much limited to what Concur / Amex GBT tells me is cheapest for a certain class of service. What ended up happening with your AMS trip btw? Were you successful in getting yourself into J? And when is it again? I'll be in AMS Sep 9-15.

Also, R space can open when you're on the list, without you being upgraded. Set an alert for that, and you can snag it, potentially jumping the list. EF is quite useful.
Ah yes. Totally forgot about this use case.

I seem to recall about one airline not doing gate upgrades specifically to discourage the behavior of holding seats like that. I suspect they'd revoked your status if they caught you doing that. They certainly have the data to see if there are often last minute cancellations of premium cabin tickets when you're on the list. Whether they look for this is another matter. But I wouldn't chance it. It's one thing to "steal" a preferred seat. It's quite another to stop them from selling a last minute J ticket because you want a free upgrade. That's how they make all their money.
+1