FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:04 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by petaluma1
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1927040180686457&id=126801010 710392&ref=page_internal

Her prosthetic device and her hands were swabbed but someone determined that the top of her leg also had to be swabbed! When will this stop?
I-Team: Woman with prosthetic leg says she felt humiliated at TSA checkpoint

She was at the Minneapolis/ St.Paul International Airport when she said she was told agents would have to swab the top part of her prosthetic leg. “They swabbed the bottom of my leg and my hands,” Bowser said. “Then they said they needed to swab the top of my socket.”

She said she told the agent no. "I said if you have to swab the top of my leg that means I have to take my pants down and I don’t want to do that,” Bowser said. “That’s part of my body. I felt that was dehumanizing.”

<snip>

She added that a TSA agent was told if she didn’t comply the police would be called and she would not be allowed to fly.