FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disappointed with lack of pre-departure beverage (PDB) & other experiences
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:20 am
Halo117

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I agree! I flew SkyWest Airlines dba United Express five times in the last couple of weeks. No PDB for three of them.
On average for me UAX full pdb is around 30%. Each time I did proactively ask for an alcoholic beverage and was told "only water" or "up in the air". These are flights that depart early or ontime so my issue is that mesa or republic might be telling their FAs not to offer full pbd. I write in each time with no compensation asked for just to document this to UA. They won't know unless folks bring this to their attention.

Wonder if UAX has to pay for catering costs or is covered by UA? If the former then the cost cutting strategy could be done without UAs knowledge and then all UAX has to claim for each flight "there is no time" to escape their contract obligations.

This post ia not to disparage UAX FAs as once in the air IME 95% are top notch, so the preflight service doesn't match with the in air service...my conclusion is that they are being trained not to do full PDB.