FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connections PHX vs DFW
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:31 am
Himeno

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by aztimm
I'm sure if you ask a dozen FT'ers which is better, you'd get a mix. I've connected at both and truthfully don't really have a preference. Perhaps time of year and day of week could play into it.

As for DEN-ORD, AA has 3 nonstops per day. Unless there's something I'm missing, I'd take a nonstop over a connection. Some may say the same for PDX-DEN, as there are nonstops, just not on AA.
Would be end of Oct/start Nov. Sunday night/mon morning out of PDX, Thur morning out of DEN.
It's part of a oneworld explorer (XONEX) RTW ticket. Flights on a non oneworld carrier (eg, non stop PDX-DEN) would count as a surface sector on that ticket and use up a sector I'm otherwise "paying" for.
I'm also only allowed 6 flights within North America. Planning for EU-LAX-PDX-PHX/DFW-DEN-PHX/DFW-ORD-DTW-ORD-YVR-LAX-JFK-Asia (stops in bold). That's up to 10 sectors, which means I have to move flights to stops onto another ticket. With the oneworld network as it is, the ticket rules, and the available fares for the extra flights, it is better to move the flights in/out of DEN and DTW to another ticket.