FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Leaked: Fall WOH promotion
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:23 pm
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The battle is lost to Priceline / Expedia. Between the billions they spend on marketing and the ease of booking flights and/or hotels for the one-holiday-a-year, no business travel crowd, no hotel chain promo is going to change that.

Bring back lost elites? People who care about elite status rarely, if ever, book OTAs. They move to a different chain. So promos try to attract business away from the other chains.

40 nights is a bit ridiculous, but if you're on the fence about achieving / requalifying Globalist, this promo might move the needle for you in a way that Hilton's boring "double points" won't.
So true. I was a 15+ year Glob and, last year, I was unable to use any of my TSUs, so I went all-in with Hilton and Marriott (only 1 Hyatt night this year, and that was an IRROPS situation).
I was tempted by this offer because I have over well over 50 nights booked within this promotion period that could easily be shifted to nearby Hyatts for my trade shows but, after doing the math and comparing the properties (price and quality), it really wasn't attractive at all.

And you're right about OTAs; I only use them when booking stays for my contractors because, in that instance, I care only about one thing-price.