FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CC strategy to maximize miles/points
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:47 pm
robchow

Originally Posted by mia
1. To save money. Reserve annual fee is $450 - 300 travel credit = $150 net. You can add an Authorized User card to your spouse's Reserve account for $75/year, and that will include a replacement Priority Pass membership.

2. To earn more points. Freedom earns 5 points per dollar on categories that rotate each quarter. Freedom Unlimited earns 1.5 points on ALL spending, but is bested by American Express Blue Business Plus which earns 2 points per dollar on ALL spending, up to $50,000 per year.

Sorry, I do not recognize the acronym BoF. Bank of ?
I always thought Reserve AU didn't come with PP. Maybe it is GE that I am confused with.

Won't it be better for the OP to wait (i.e., get all the Chase cards they both want) before adding AU? This way, it makes things easier in terms of 5/24 rule (without the need to discus with CSR that card count includes AU).

Originally Posted by mia
Maybe, but it's no longer offered. INK Plus earns 5 points per dollar in several categories. INK Cash earns 5 points per dollar in the same categories, but with lower annual limits. Is he using the INK Plus only for business, or also for some personal expenses that earn those bonuses?
The INK Plus comes with $95 AF. The 5x bonus is good up to $50K. If OP can't max to $50K, then downgrade the card to INK Cash; INK Cash 5x bonus is first $25K.

Last edited by EmailKid; Aug 31, 2018 at 7:32 pm Reason: Back to back posts