FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems upgrading to LH first using OZ miles
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:46 pm
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Problems upgrading to LH first using OZ miles

My partner and I are currently booked in business class on LH712 FRA-ICN next Saturday, Sept 9th and I’m trying to use my Asiana Club miles to upgrade us to first. Expert flyer is showing 2 first class award seats available, and I can also see them on Aeroplan if I search for a dummy redemption. However when I enter the details into the the *A upgrade form it tells me “No seats available on the requested flight.(LH /511)”.

I know we are in an eligible / upgradeable fare class (C). It’s a week until travel date, and I have enough miles. I understood that *A upgrade inventory is the same as award inventory, but is that not in fact the case? I tried calling Asiana and they said I just had to use the website and that there was nothing they could do manually.

Is there something I am missing here? Any suggestions other than to keep trying?

Thanks