FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:22 am
linzjane88

Lurker who had a great stay planned until this whole merger nonsense happened. I wanted to run a few details past you guys since you all seem to be the most knowledgeable about the packages. We have a stay booked at the Maui Residence Inn over spring break that I booked with points advance. I bought a OC5 with 120k SW points with the intention of upgrading to a OC8 once I earned the points form my Marriott Biz in another month or so. Under the old setup I would have paid 360K, pretty much tapping my points out. The hotel ended up going from a OC8 to a NC6. But now not being able to use the cert at all is messing things up. If I took the 45k refund I could cover 5 nights which is better than nothing but certainly not as good as the 7 nights I had planned.

TL;DR: *if* they decided to be nice and allow upgrades in the future, would I pay the difference on the new points chart between categories--60k? Or would it be the difference in what I paid already (270k) to current package price (390K) for a total of 120k?