FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EC261/2004 on ET? Anyone with experience?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:54 am
toonomadic

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by rava.stuff
Hey, had a case with Ethiopian, flew ARN - ADD - COO and they cancelled the ADD - COO flight and instead routed me via LFW with Asky on the last leg. The LFW - COO leg was delayed by over 3 hours. I contacted ET via email, first response was, no compensation, they are not responsible for the Asky delay. I said, no, they are, my ticket is with Ethiopian and they rerouted me. I also said that if they do not respect the regulation, I will file an official complaint with the Swedish regulator. They checked again, confirmed the right to compensation and two months later I had the money on my German account.

So yeah, I also think you have a right to it. And yes, less is more. If you send Ethiopian an email like your post, they will be confused and automatic reaction is to avoid dealing with it. good luck!
Thank you all so much for your comments. I understand I wrote a lot here, yes. I will try to pursue this in simpler words, despite only being literate in Spanish but not able to write it.
I have emailed ET Airport Office in Madrid and their handling agent in Spain, but have not received a response for one month. Do you know what email I should attempt to contact? Your positive resolution is promising.