FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:29 pm
FrustratedinCA

Programs: Marriott
Originally Posted by atojbk
you can't upgrade your cert though? Unless I'm wrong here...
You're not wrong. However, CSRs seem to be giving out more misinformation. I was told the following about changing anything related to my cert-attached reservation:

"If you modify your stay dates after 18 August, you will be subject to the new Free Night Award Chart point values. Extending your stay or shifting your stay dates will result in a recalculation of points required for your reservation."

When I pointed out that this didn't make sense given the no upgrade policy (which they mentioned earlier in the conversation) and asked how that would be possible if I couldn't upgrade my cert, I got the following response:

"The answers we are finding are don't speak specific to your individual circumstances. While we can't make promises, if and when you do need to change your dates, please connect with us and we can try to work with the hotel for the best solution."

What the official policy or options will be after the 18th seem to be anyone's guess. The CSRs definitely don't know what the final word is.