FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New routes SFO-AMS (30 Mar19),EWR-NAP (seasonal 22 May19),EWR-PRG(seasonal 06 June19)
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:53 pm
pseudoswede
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by EWR764
There aren't any toes to step on... LH and UA are essentially one and the same when it comes to TATL service, since revenue is shared and pricing/capacity/route decisions are coordinated. A second DEN-FRA frequency seems to be the prohibitive favorite, likely an earlier departure in both directions to time with LH's first omnidirectional departure bank. The current schedule meets the early afternoon longhaul departures (like India) but there is a ~10am bank with a bunch of other connections, including Central Europe, ME and North Africa.
UA briefly tried DEN-FRA (or was it MUC?) then pulled out. I honestly don't see two widebodies-worth of demand to FRA (even with connecting pax). Maybe only in the summer; and, yes, an earlier departure ex-DEN would be fabulous. The current LH schedule typically means I wouldn't reach ARN until 6/7pm, and I still have 4-5 hours of travel after that. (It's also why I avoid BA's DEN-LHR unless it's significantly cheaper.)