FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delta Schedule Change Discussion Thread
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:16 am
horseymike

Originally Posted by cardsqc
December 21st is actually the date we'd hoped to leave. Delta used to have a flight that left at about 8:30pm and got in around midnight that they dropped a few weeks back, pretty sure it was there for most fridays (and had been for quite a while, I've flown the route enough that I've seen that flight offered). The 8:30 flight would have worked for us, the 6:05 one is too early to make it because of my wife's work schedule. There's a flight to Orlando that would still work and get in there around midnight, but I'm a little leary about that just because if something does go wrong and that flight doesn't go, getting stuck to a flight on orlando the next morning would make things pretty tight (even assuming that we'd even be able to get onto one of those flights, which is iffy since they all tend to be full anyways). There are about 3 flights saturday morning that at least get in early enough, I just hate doing that.

I'm just a little surprised that they've dropped that flight now. I could certainly see doing it in the summer months when there's not as much cruise traffic, but middle of winter, especially on a friday night when saturdays tend to be a big port day seems like they'd want the flight there. I know not all the traffic on those flights is driven by cruise traffic, but there's definitely a fair number of people that are.

(Heck, I've been scheduled to fly out the day before and still ended up being the last person to get on the ship once before because of flight problems - my luggage caught up to me around day 4 of a 7 day cruise. Doing this in december always makes me nervous.)
hope it all works out well for you your family.best of luck.