FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding due to boarding pass link not working ?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:08 pm
vernonc

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Denied boarding due to boarding pass link not working ?

My colleague checked into his flight this morning (29 Aug) at 9.27am. Flight is AC8117 departing SJC for YVR at 6.30pm. He gets his email with links to the boarding pass. Heads to the airport, returns rental car, reaches security and the link does not work. This is at least 45 mins before departure with no checked bag. Goes to AC counter and they say the flight is closed so no reprinting of boarding pass. They rebook him for free on tomorrow am flight. This seems bizarre because he was already checked in on the website and had a link to the boarding pass - I have seen the screen shot of the email. You would think they would at least reprint the boarding pass and send him thru security. SJC airport is small enough to get from the doors to gate in 15mins.
Also wonder if the BP link not working issue had something to do with the app breach and passwords resets. He could not check in on the app which is why he checked in on the website. Seems crazy to miss a flight because the airlines BP link would not work.
I told him to call in and ask for denied boarding compensation.
Anyone know if AC8117 was full today ?
Possibly a warning to everyone to check your BP link and perhaps take a screenshot if the BP displays.