FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:10 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I don't buy the "rules is going to make people do more bad things" logic. Maybe a handful of people, but nothing significant. Ever since the CSR launched, the churning community exploded. All ways to harvest points exploded. Then the talk of bans came in and people let up a little. Now they're going to MS because they have nothing to lose? If they are taking the time to MS, then apparently the returns/point system has some value to them. How much sense would it be to knowingly risk that because you can't recycle sign-up bonuses? Sounds to me like lines disgruntled people say, "Chase, this is going to kill your business!" They will continue to crack down on abusers.
I have never done any MS because we don't need to and like that my points/miles are really free, we have about $60K in legit CC spend per year that I'm able to turn into millions of points/miles a year. If this game ended today we would be all set for close to a decade.

Originally Posted by Super Mario
I'm glad I can sit here and earn big returns from my CSR, CF, and CIC while the whiners complain about unjustly being 5/24.
How are you earning all these points without churning or MSing ? I'm assuming "Big returns " means at lest 750K points/mile/UR a year ?

5/24 is easily beat with a husband and wife team when one goes card free for about 2 years, throw in my 3rd player ( my dad who does not travel but we use his points ) and 5/24 has basically no effect on us. In fact I stopped my wife at 4/24 ( with 2 Chase bus cards) as we have so many miles/points in stock there is absolutely no reason to push Chase..........she moved over to AA mailers

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 29, 2018 at 4:21 pm