FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage Award on JL / JAL / Japan Airlines (2016-2023)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:21 pm
Braswch

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
1. No using AA miles for a JL-numbered KE flight.

2. If you're just asking about the return (ICN-NRT-JFK) and not the outbound, then you should be fine with your bags going through. Just have a printout of your NRT-JFK ticket. From JFK-NRT-ICN, I'm not sure whether JAL has continued to interline bags to other carriers on separate tickets -- I think they do but maybe someone with firsthand experience can chime in. And if you're starting somewhere else on AA (like CLT-JFK-NRT before NRT-ICN) then forget about it, AA won't check through with separate tickets on separate PNRs.
Great that's good news. For the outbound I was able to get JFK-HND-GMP so it's only the return that's the concern. I potentially could get GMP-HND added if availability opened but would then have to get from HND to NRT and I'd probably rather just pay for a ticket to NRT than do that. So this is good. If I purchase or book via award those Korean Air flights from ICN to NRT and show the Korean Air checkin desk my JAL ticket they will check my luggage all the way to JFK is what you are saying right? Great!